On November 19, 2004, the “Justice for 9/11” Steering Committee submitted a Citizens’ Complaint and Petition to the offices of the Attorney General of New York State, Eliot Spitzer, citing probable cause for an independent grand jury investigation to examine unsolved crimes committed in connection with the events of September 11, 2001. We are publishing the complete Complaint and Petition online in this space as a living, growing document.
Nine members of September 11 families, Ground Zero first responders, and citizens of New York have signed on as the first complainants. We call on citizens to support this action, to initiate similar actions in other states, and to sign the online petition of solidarity.
Toward New Criminal Investigations into the Events of September 11
PETITION OF SOLIDARITY
with New York legislators, first responders, victim families, and millions of NY citizens calling for a new investigation of unsolved 9/11 crimes, and the full prosecution of those found responsible.
In memory and on behalf of:
- the more than 2800 murdered in New York on September 11, 2001, including 343 firefighters and 75 police officers;
- the hundreds of thousands of residents and workers variously harmed by the assault;
- the equivalent numbers suffering dire health effects from attack-related pollution;
- New York’s collateral victims, human and institutional, who collectively lost billions of dollars in business, career and property damages; and
- the millions of New York citizens who have lost precious freedoms, rights, family members and/or faith in government in the resulting so-called “War on Terror.”
We the undersigned:
a) think that there is ample evidence and probable cause to believe that many grave and still unresolved crimes were committed by US officials prior to, during and after the events of 9/11;
b) observe that most of these apparent crimes, including but not limited to abetment of mass murder, criminal negligence, insider trading, and obstruction of justice, fall well within the jurisdiction of New York’s top law enforcement officials, who thus become the People’s last recourse when federal intervention yields no credible answers, relief or accountability;
c) therefore petition the Attorney General of the State of New York and the District Attorney of the Borough of Manhattan:
- to open urgent new investigations into the most serious, incriminating,
and still largely unexplicated bodies of 9/11 evidence,
- to expose and fully prosecute the perpetrators of all discovered crimes,
- to restore damages, justice and honor to the state and people of New York, and thereby
- to reclaim the public trust in government and our system of law.
18705 concerned citizens
June 10, 2009 Statement from Organizers:
It has come to our attention that today, an individual, entirely unknown to us, who had previously signed this open petition in support of our Justicefor911.org complaint, opened fire inside the crowded US Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC, brutally slaughtering museum guard Stephen T. Johns. Our heartfelt condolences go out to Mr. Johns’ family and friends, and all those affected by this tragic crime.
We have never knowingly associated with, or promoted, individuals or ideas promoting violence. We have never known the individual who perpetrated this crime today, in any capacity whatsoever, and certainly do not hail him a “hero” as TV host Glenn Beck falsely and libelously stated today, but rather deplore his hatred and this violent act. In keeping with this history and our continuing pursuit of non-violence, we have removed the signature of this man from this petition signatories list.